Wednesday, May 7, 2008

When You Care Enough to Hit Send

Shout out to someecards.com. We are amused.

The Ice Queen is not liking the "Burrito Lady" radio commercial, nor is she amused by "I can ride my bike with no handlebars." Well you can, can you? Good for you. Go see how that works on Lake Shore Drive and stop singing it at me, dammit.

Now let's talk about Terms of Endearment. Not the Meryl Streep movie, those words you say in place of first names. I am wont to use one now and again with people with whom I am very close. Usually a "honey" or "sweetie" in a very slightly Southern-ish fashion that I sometimes adopt. Occasionally a "babe". I'm wondering how many people use ToE's today and which ones. (I'm not counting "bitch" and "ho".)

Mr. Triathlete called me "honeybunny," and while I'm 100% sure he was sarcastic, I don't know what his point was. (Thus is the nature of texting.) I instantly thought of Pulp Fiction - Amanda Plummer freaking out on top of the table while Samuel L. Jackson pointed a gun at her boyfriend. "Honeybunny" will not be happening - but props for creativity.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I tend to use "Kiddo" a lot. When talking to Night Nurse, I just use her name most of the time. The things she calls me are entirely made up and nonsensicle and she isn't allowed to use them in public.

Generally because I have heard her call her mother "Snake face" in public.

Kathie said...

To my everlasting embarrasment I dated a boy in college briefly who called me Kit Kat. I ended that abruptly by informing him that in no way shape or form did I resemble a chocolate bar. We stopped seeing each other shortly after.

Unknown said...

No, Kathie, you're more like a York Peppermint Pattie only filled with steak.